Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waiting impatiently...

Last post was about getting our portfolio in and officially being in the adoption pool.  So we've been waiting since then... impatiently mind you (well, at least I have).  In April we had a close call.  Our adoption coordinator called us one weekend afternoon with a "hospital baby".  Healthy caucasian boy born that day and the mother had decided she wanted an adoption plan.  She wanted a sort of closed adoption.  The coordinator had only called to make sure we were within 3 hours of Anchorage before she showed our portfolio.  Unfortunately, we were not chosen.

So we continue to wait.  We are really hoping before the summer is out that we will be placed with our first little baby.  In the mean time we wait... impatiently.

The tracing
Background color done - still deciding on white or dark - went with dark
While we wait, I started on the nursery.  I figured the painting can get done that way the fumes are gone by the time a baby needs to sleep in there.  After MUCH contemplation on what "theme" to go with, I decided (yes, I.  Matt was not included in the decision but said he liked it anyway) to go with a jungle/safari theme.  I borrowed a projector from the school and projected a little scene on the walls to trace.  I then decided I was going to do blue whether it was boy or a girl because I liked the colors I had chosen - Missoula Blue and Big Sky Blue (no joke!!).  Unfortunately I couldn't decide on whether to do a white silhouette or dark.  I finally decided on dark, but it made the painting that much more difficult.

Putting the crib together
We had bought a crib a week or so before I started the project (or after I traced, but before I painted).  So after the nursery was finished, Matt did his Daddy Duty and put the crib together.  All that is left to do is get a dresser (one that will also work as a changing table) and a rocker (which Matt says I'm not getting, but what does he know haha).  And a baby, of course!!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely need a rocker! It looks great! Your baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the nursery, what a very special place for that little baby Holman that is out there somewhere!!!

    ReplyDelete